Friday 17 August 2012

Healthy Coleslaw

I love coleslaw, but don't often eat it because of it's high points. I did a bit of research on the internet and jumbled a few recipes together (it mostly resembles a Jamie Oliveoil one) and have made coleslaw that is only 1pp per serving!

Here is the recipe:
Slice up the following very thinly: (I used a mandoline, but you could maybe use a food processor with a julienne blade, or just a knife and chopping board!)
4 carrots
Half a white or red cabbage
2 sticks celery
6 spring onions (red onion would probably be better, but I didn't have any)
8 radishes

Make a dressing:
250ml fat free yoghurt
2 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp olive/rapeseed oil
Juice from one lime (or lemon)
Chopped herbs (I used coriander, parsley and chives because that's what I had).

Pour the mixture over the chopped veggies and mix.

Then eat.

Yum.

It makes 6 - 8 portions!

(Sorry the picture is a bit blurry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment